Top 6 Best Baby Gates for Stairs
1. Cardinal Gates Stairway Special Gate – Oftentimes, before a parent can put their baby down on the floor, they need to first secure their baby gate to ensure safety. But because many gates require the use of two hands in order to properly place and install, many parents find themselves struggling to secure their baby gates with a toddler thrashing around their arms. The Cardinal Gates Stairway Special Gate eliminates the need for two handed operation, allowing parents to secure and latch locks in place while being able to hold their little one safely. Despite the simple installation, however, the Cardinal Gates Stairway Special Gate’s locks are complicated enough to keep kid guessing for many years to come. This particular safety product is made of high-quality aluminum which is rust proof and sturdy, so you can be sure that it will keep your baby with the highest level of security.
Pros – The Cardinal Gates Stairway Special Gate is a top choice because of its high-level of security, ease of use, and relative affordability. This baby gate for stairs works great to keep stairs safely inaccessible to your little baby.
Cons – While the Cardinal Gate does do a great job at keeping your baby safe from peril, some users claim that the latch is a little hard to open with one hand, especially if you’re just learning how it works.
2. Regalo 192 Inch Play Yard – If you want to give your baby a safe place to play and learn how to walk, the Regalo 192 inch Play Yard might just be the product for you. This baby gate can suit several different space set-ups, changing its configuration to aptly suit your area. The design allows parents to create a secure, enclosed play pen for kids to play safely away from the different dangers present around a home. What’s more, the Regalo 192 Inch Play Yard can also seal off staircases in varying widths, so you can be sure that your baby will be kept way from the dangers of stairs.
Pros – The Play Yard is ideal for parents who want a product that will change along with their needs. Because babies tend to get bored when you keep them in the same room over and over again, it’s best to get a pen that can provide security in many different rooms of your house. What’s more, the Regalo Play Yard baby gate is made from high quality material that meets safety standards, and features an easy to assemble design ideal for parents on the go.
Cons – Although the Play Yard is an excellent choice, some parents have complained that because the locking system is colored bright red, many babies get attracted to it and tend to fiddle with the latches. You can opt to pain the locks a different color, or simply throw a rag over them to keep them away from your baby’s view.
3. Dreambaby Swing Closed Security Gate – Hallways, stairways, and entry ways are kept safe and inaccessible to young kids with the Dreambaby Swing Closed Secuirty Gate. This baby gate for stairs can open in both directions, offering parents ease of use especially around a playful little tyke. The design was created for single-hand operation, making it much more convenient for parents who need to hold their kids or carry toys and other items to and from spaces.
Pros – This baby gate for stairs was created with busy parents in mind. The Dreambaby gate locks instantly when swung closed, which is an ideal feature for parents who find it tedious to have to turn around and lock a baby gate behind them as they move through their house. The product makes use of a dual locking system, ensuring the safety of your baby with just a single swing.
Cons – The only issue that some parents find with this particular product is that there is a tendency for kids to get caught in the gate, especially if they chase after their parents when the gate is swung closed. Ensuring that your baby is a safe distance away from the gate during the swing can be helpful to keep safe from accidents.
4. Regalo Top of Stairs Expandable Metal Gate With Mounting Kit – Much like every other Regalo product, the Expandable Metal Gate is made from high-quality materials that ensure the safety of even the most curious of babies. This product makes it easy for parents to transition between spaces by providing a simple, yet baffling locking system for children, that allows parents to pass through the gate with minimal effort. The Expandable Metal Gate stays true to its name, allowing parents to secure lots of different spaces as well as custom-width doorways.
Pros – The Expandable Metal Gate by Regalo works wonders in keeping spaces safe for kids. The lightweight and portable design takes away the burden of having to kneel down to get a baby gate installed or opened, saving parents the stress and trouble of tedious gate locking systems.
Cons – The gate operates seamlessly for most users, but the biggest concerns that many buyers have is the difficulty with installation. Make sure you have someone with a little home improvement experience to ensure the proper installation and mounting of the product.
5. Regalo Extra Tall Top of Stairs Gate with Mounting Kit – For parents with kids that are a bit taller, or for kids who like to try their luck with climbing over baby gates, the Regalo Extra Tall Top of Stairs Gate is the ideal product. One of the best baby gates Offering superior security against the perils of short gates, the Regalo Extra Tall Top of Stairs Gate still stays true to the ease of use that many other Regalo products promise. The gate is made from high-grade material that meets the highest safety standards, and makes use of the same easy-to-operate locking system as other Regalo baby gates.
Pros – The Regalo Extra Tall Top of Stairs Gate with Mounting Kit offers a high-level of security against the perils of dangerous stairs, and keeps babies safely in your space with extra high fences. The materials are safe for babies, especially those who like to chew on the things around them.
Cons – The only downside to this baby gate is that they can be hard to install. The mounting kit attempts to make the process easier, but unless you have some experience with power tools and home improvement, you might need to ask for a little extra help.
6. The Stair Barrier Banister to Banister Signature Gate – Need a quick fix for your stair worries? The Stair Barrier’s Banister to Banister baby gate makes it easy to give your stairs and space an extra touch of security with no installation required. The product is made from soft fabrics and secure inner frameworks that offer a high-level of safety and security for your baby without the need for tedious installation processes.
Pros – The Stair Barrier is a great quick-fix for parents who want to secure the safety of their children but don’t have the time to get down and dirty with power tools. Unlike other baby gates for stairs, the Stair Barrier is a solid wall covered in fabric which can be a lot more aesthetically appealing for some individuals.
Cons – Because this baby gate doesn’t require installation, it might not be the best choice for those who have older kids who are much better at understanding how to remove gates. Make sure you switch to something more secure once your baby starts to learn how to get through the Stair Barrier.